MARK SCHWARTZ FREELANCE DESIGN SERVICES . With an office in the Pisa area of Italy and some of the worlds best factories , I am able to design and develop samples ( into production )
35 years of creativity in shoe design and production .
- Find the right shoe factory for production based on the product to be developed.
- Source and develop components and raw materials
- Coordinate and supervise fittings and adjustments to samples, sign off samples, ensure fit and quality is up to the agreed standard that all samples arrive on time.
- Work within given budget for development of prototypes, sample collection, investment of moulds, leathers, accessories, etc.
- Pass technical specs and correct information to factories and follow development process
- Negotiate prices, advise suppliers on target prices to arrive to recommended retail price.
- Ensure all samples arrive in time and to required standard.
- Facilitate and coordinate trips to visit suppliers
- Plan production with suppliers, communicate minimums, cancellations and adjustment to orders.
- Follow production, communicate any change and solve issues that may occur in the production line.